FEBRUARY 1, 2020 - HOUSTON, TX
Online Registration Only – Registration ends January 24, 2019
TRAIL TO ZERO
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2020 BraveHearts Trail to Zero Houston ride. This will be a 20 mile ride through the city of Houston, TX to raise awareness for the 20 veterans we lose every day to suicide and the first time that this ride is open for the public to attend. Please review the information provided on this page for requirements & logistics.
NO REFUNDS OR DEFERRALS – RIDE WILL OCCUR RAIN OR SHINE
- Rider is responsible to provide their own horse
- All horses must have a negative & current coggins, current vaccinations and health cert
- Rider must provide & carry a copy of the negative & current coggins and health cert- AT ALL TIMES during the ride
- If rider needs to swap out the horse before the ride, they will be required to provide BraveHearts with an updated coggins and health cert
- Rider is responsible for their horse, it’s conditioning, soundness – mental and physical, and all preparations for entirety of the event
- It is imperative that the horse is physically fit and sound, well prepared and has appropriate disposition and safety for any unknowns that could present on a 20 mile ride through the city of Houston
- It is recommended horses wear Borium Shoes
- Any horse who kicks should have a red ribbon on his tail and will be in the back of the group and out of the herd activity. All riders assume all and full responsibility of their animals’s behavior.
- Water will be provided for horses
- Riders must be 18 years of age
- Rider must come prepared with their own water & snacks packed in their saddlebags during the ride
- Attire Requirements include:
- Blue Jeans
- White or Blue long-sleeve button shirt
- Appropriate footwear: boots, closed-toed shoes (no sandals or shoes with open backs)
- helmets or cowboy hats
- It is BraveHearts recommendation that all riders wear an ASTM/SEI certified helmet. If the rider chooses not to a waiver must be completed (to be provided during onsite check-in)
Rider must complete waivers of understanding (to be provided during onsite check-in)
Rider must adhere to the Rules & Regulations (in waivers)
REGISTRATION CHECK IN
Check-In Tent Location: 2400 Reed Rd., Houston, TX
Date: January 31, 2020 – 3PM-7PM or if absolutely necessary February 1st 6AM-7AM (those not checked in will not be permitted to ride)
What to Bring: Valid ID, Coggins, Health Cert, Signed Waivers (click button below to print)
FREE SHIRT: T-shirts will be given out to the first 100 people to check in
Entry Bracelet: Bracelet is non-transferable and must be worn at all times. In the event a bracelet is lost or removed, rider will have to re-complete the check-in process and may be ineligible from participating.
Riders who do not complete the registration check-in will not be permitted to ride.
IMPORTANT DAY OF RIDE INFO
Day of Ride Schedule – February 1st
- 6AM – 7AM – Limited Last Minute Check-In*
- 7AM – 8AM – Tack & Mount
- 8AM – Ride Begins Promptly
- 12PM – Tentative Lunch Break (approx 10 miles into ride)
- 5PM – Tentative Ride End Time
*Pre-day (January 31) check-in is strongly encouraged to help make Trail to Zero start on time and go as swiftly as possible. Ride will begin at 8AM and those not checked in by 7AM will be disqualified from ride and will not be refunded.
Port-o-Potties will be placed throughout the rides, however it is the rider’s responsibility to be mounted and ready to leave when the ride resumes.
Rest stops and water breaks are available every 2 miles, as needed and will occur throughout the ride for humans & horses.
*Route is subject to change
- START: 2400 Reed Road (HLSR Parking Lot)
- West on Reed Rd. to Almeda
- North on Almeda/Crawford
- West on Pease
- North on LaBranch (N. on Austin)
- West on Bell
- North on San Jacinto
- Midpoint: 1210 Preston
- Leaving South Bound Fannin
- East bound Leland
- South on Almeda
- East on Reed to Reed Road Parking lot
Learn how you can help support this ride by clicking on the button below.
Meet the Riders
Learn about the ambassadors who will be embarking on Trail to Zero Houston.
No refunds will be given for ANY cancellations. This event is a fundraiser. All fees will directly benefit BraveHearts services to veterans.